activePDF Portal Overview
An easy to implement web control, activePDF Portal enables users to interactively view and modify PDF documents from any source in a standard web browser and maintain business guidelines. Portal is equipped with tools for adding annotations, text, shapes and callouts, as well as standard page manipulation. Portal provides business users the functionality they need without the overhead of costly desktop software
Portal hosts PDFs behind your firewall, protecting confidential documents from unauthorized distribution or tampering. Mobile-device ready, Portal allows users to view, edit, and form-fill PDFs using smart phones and tablet devices. Use your standard browser to save partially modified PDFs for later or quickly add text, bookmarks, form-fields, hyperlinks and more.
- Supports load balancing for enterprise use
- View, form fill, edit, save and download PDFs programmatically
- PDF capability for Windows, Apple OS X, and most Linux users
- Supports PDF view/edit functionality without 3rd party software
- View/Edit PDFs from any web browser
- Mobile-device ready
- Customizable UI
activePDF Portal Features
Apply 40-bit and 128-bit security to PDF output. Password-protect security options allow you to disable printing functions to prevent copying text and graphics. Set document metadata including title and author.
Optimize PDF for Online Viewing
Extra memory optimizes PDF output and allows faster viewing of documents and quicker changes and edits.
Centralized PDF Settings
Centralized PDF generation and conversion functionalities reduces software and support costs.
activePDF Portal System Requirements
- Windows® Server™ 2003 (Web, Standard or Enterprise), x86 or x64 edition, OR
- Windows® Server™ 2008 (Web, Standard or Enterprise), x86 or x64 edition
Minimum Recommended Hardware
- Pentium III 600-MHz or higher
- 256 MB of RAM
- 35 MB of Disk Space (for application)
Additional Software Requirements
- Microsoft® IIS, version 6.0 or higher (must be installed prior to activePDF Portal installation)
- Microsoft® .NET Framework, version 3.5 or higher (if not detected, it will be installed automatically)
- Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 or 2008 (Express, Workgroup, Standard, Enterprise, or Developer Edition)™