- Human Resources convert resumes from over 300 formats to PDF.
- Law firms take in discovery in hundreds of formats and convert files to searchable PDF.
- Manufacturing converts legacy PDF back to editable formats.
- Streamline document management by dynamically converting virtually any file format to PDF.
- Integrate PDF conversion into existing applications and unify output across the enterprise.
- Generate intelligent PDF from supported formats, retaining interactive elements including hyperlinks and form fields.
- Secure documents with customizable PDF encryption, including passwords and usage rights.
activePDF DocConverter Overview
activePDF® DocConverter™ is a powerful .NET/COM document conversion tool, offering support for nearly 300 file types. Extend scalable conversion capabilities across the enterprise while managing processes from a single location. Integrate document conversion into your existing applications. Create watched folders for simple drag-and drop conversions, auto append new pages to existing PDF and retain interactive elements with secure PDF output.
- Convert nearly 300 file types to PDF
- Convert over 40 image types
- Create watched directories for drag-and-drop conversion
- Filter input documents by file type
- Automatically unzip compressed folders and convert contents
- Secure output with 40 or 128-bit encryption
- Support for Intelligent PDF conversion
- Centralized control using API or the Administrative Console
activePDF DocConverter Features
Convert Documents to PDF
Native support for Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint® and over 300 other formats. No per document or per user fee.
Convert PDFs to other Formats
Convert documents to PDF. Convert from PDF to Word®, Excel®, HTML, text file, image file and PDF/A
Watched Folder Support
DocConverter operates in batch mode via directory scanning for on demand PDF conversion. Watch folders are scanned allowing users to drag and drop files from the desktop to the server. DocConverter converts files to PDF automatically then stores the PDF output in a folder for further processing or retrieval.
.NET and COM APIs
Add affordable file conversion functionality to all applications. Convert commonly used file formats To/From PDF with a single method call.
Generate Intelligent PDF
Intelligent PDF features convert Word headings, metadata, hyperlinks and more to PDF elements. Easily handles complex Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
PDF/A and PDF/X Creation and Validation
Create, migrate and validate PDF/A and PDF/X documents. Validated documents are tracked in an XML logic file ensuring documents are fully compliant with ISO 19005-1PDF/A standards.
Apply 40-bit and 128-bit security to PDF output. Password-protect security options allow you to disable printing functions to prevent copying text and graphics. Set document metadata including title and author.
Support Remote Conversions
Submit documents from remote locations for PDF conversion
Centralize Enterprise PDF Settings
Centralized PDF generation and conversion functionalities reduces software and support costs.
activePDF DocConverter Enterprise System Requirements
• Windows® Server™ 2003, x86 or x64, OR
• Windows® Server™ 2008, x86 or x64
Minimum Recommended Hardware
• 512 MB of RAM
• 90 MB of Disk Space (for application)
Additional Software Requirements
• Microsoft® Word®,Excel®,PowerPoint® (2003 minimum, 2007 or 2010 recommended)
• Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5, or higher
(if not detected, will be installed automatically)